1. Dove Shower Foam | 2. Tom’s Of Maine Bar Soap | 3. Dove Bar Soap | 4. Dove DermaSeries Body Wash | 5. Dove Body Polish | 6. Isle Of Paradise Self Tanning Drops | 7. L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Tanning Mist | 8. Clinique SPF30 Sunscreen Lotion | 9. L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream | 10. Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion | 11. Dove DermaSeries Repairing Balm | 12. Brazilian Bum Bum Cream | 13. Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant | 14. Tom’s Of Maine Deodorant
New year, new blog series! Today marks the first post in my “Best Of” series where I plan to spill the details on all my favorite body, hair, cosmetic, and skincare products across the beauty-sphere. I’m a little embarrassed it’s taken me this long to do something like this given how often I’m asked by you guys about what products I use, but better late than never!
2018 was a transformative year for me in terms of beauty and the products I chose to use on a daily basis. I’ve always been a beauty junkie and until this past year, very rarely would I re-purchase a product once I’d run out. So much of the fun for me was the excitement in opening up something new, that I never felt a need to go back to the same thing twice. In 2018 that changed and I really started paying attention to not only what products worked best for me in the moment, but were good for the health of my skin/hair in the long haul.
So let’s kick things off shall we? Body care! This year I really started getting picky about what products I used during and after showering. Ya’ll know I have eczema-prone skin, so I mainly stuck to soaps and lotions that were fragrance-free, dermatologist-tested and super moisturizing. I also fell in love with a few natural, vegan products and finally nailed down a good hassle-free sunless tanning routine. Mini reviews on all my go-to body care products can be found below!
1. Dove Shower Foam | Confession: I LOVE Dove products. Since childhood, I’ve been a Dove girl. Not only are Dove products safe for sensitive skin, they come at an affordable price. I love this Dove foaming body wash for all these reasons and more. It’s super moisturizing, has a great lather and is really easy to use– bonus points for the pump!
2. Tom’s Of Maine Bar Soap | It’s been a very long time since I last used bar soaps, but this year I really got into them. One of my favorites I tried was Tom’s Of Maine natural bar soaps. I normally don’t like scented bath products, but the ingredients and fragrance used in these are completely natural. Plus the bars are paraben-free!
3. Dove Beauty Bar Soap | No shocker here. If you’re looking for a trustworthy and affordable everyday body soap then this is it! I find this bar soap has an amazing lather similar to a body wash. It’s super decadent and has a really light fresh scent.
4. Dove DermaSeries Body Wash | This body wash is my go-to when my skin is feeling super dry or I have an eczema flare up. It’s hypoallergenic, soothes itchy skin and the formula is 10x more moisturizing than the average body wash. I actually ditched all my loofas and shower sponges this year (these can get so dirty & are filled with bacteria!) so whenever I use any body wash I just pump a few drops in my hand and wash as I would with a soap bar.
5. Dove Body Polish | This is the best exfoliating scrub I’ve ever used! The creamy whipped formula has just the right amount of grit to really scrub away dead cells and polish the skin painful. I can’t stand scrubs that are super thick and chunky that fall apart in your hand. This scrub isn’t abrasive and won’t dry out your skin– it actually does this opposite and will leave skin feeling nourished! I like to use this 1-2x per week or before I self tan.
6. Isle Of Paradise Self Tanning Drops | If you’re looking for a product that will give you a year round natural glow that doesn’t require the time commitment or hassle of a self tanner then you NEED these tanning drops in your life. All you have to do is mix a few drops in with your regular body lotion or face cream and boom! Instant sun-kissed glow. Want a deeper tan? Just use more drops. I have to be careful with tanners because of my sensitive skin, but these are all-natural and use 100% clean ingredients so I can even mix them in with my face products without fear of irritation. Such an amazing alternative to messy self tanners! PS I use the Medium tanning drops.
7. L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Tanning Mist | This is my favorite streak-free sunless tanner. It dries really fast and doesn’t leave a nasty residue or icky texture that some tanning formulas do on the skin during that 8 hour or so period after application you should wait before bathing. When I use this I don’t feel like I need to avoid my bed sheets or light-colored clothing. Plus the jet mist application makes it really easy to apply to your back and other hard to reach areas of the body!
8. Clinique SPF30 Sunscreen Lotion | Anytime I travel or have plans to be out in the sun, I like to use this sunscreen! Clinique has been one of my most trustworthy beauty brands and similar to their amazing face products, the sun care products are great too! I can have this on my skin all day without feeling any irritation. It absorbs quickly and does what it says– protects your skin from the sun. The formula also doesn’t contain any parabens, fragrances or oil!
9. L’Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream | The best shea butter hand cream! Some products will leave a greasy residue on your hands that make you afraid to touch anything, but this one absorbs FAST so you can immediately go back to using your hands. It’s so decadent and is small enough you can easily keep it in your purse or carry-on luggage.
10. Eucerin Advanced Repair Lotion | I’ve found this to be one of the best no-frills body lotions and it’s only $6. It has just the right consistency for mixing with my tanning drops and leaves my skin feeling super fresh and moisturized. It’s fragrance-free, non-greasy and absorbs fast!
11. Dove DermaSeries Repairing Balm | When my skin is REALLY dry or I have a patch of eczema that needs some soothing, this is the product I turn too. It’s formulated specifically for severely dry skin and is free of all those nasty ingredients/fragrances/sulfates etc. I find it works best just after showering when my skin is dewy and warm. I do have to wait a few minutes to let it soak in because it is so thick, but if you’re in need of some serious hydration it doesn’t get better than this.
12. Brazilian Bum Bum Cream | This is one of the rare scented body lotions that I actually love! I can’t speak to the products claims of firming the skin or giving you a perfectly round booty (I think only the gym can do that) but it’s smells AMAZING and leaves the skin super soft. I actually use it all over– not just on my butt 😛
14. Tom’s Of Maine Deodorant | I highly recommend this one if you’re looking to make a move to natural deodorant. It contains all-natural ingredients, gives 24 hours of protection and you won’t have to worry about getting any streaks on your clothing.
Stay tuned for the second installment of this series coming to you next week! More come on my favorite skincare, haircare and everyday makeup 🙂