Red Off Shoulder Top & Over The Knee Boots

Red Off Shoulder Top

I recently picked up this cute red off shoulder top to wear on weekends for drinks and going out. I’ve said before I’m a total dress girl – if I could wear a dress every single day for the rest of my life I would. Unfortunately I don’t live in a tropical climate, so sometimes I gotta wear pants which obviously require a matching top. Ugh, why is life full of so many hard decisions??

Red Off Shoulder Top

Red Off Shoulder Top

Red Off Shoulder Top

red off shoulder top (just $51) | Schutz over the knee boots c/o (similar under $200 version) | Saint Laurent bag (similar affordable style) | Skinny jeans | Movado watch | David Yurman bracelets

It’s always a struggle for me to pick out an outfit to wear to a bar or party. I love to feel comfortable, however that’s not always the case with night-appropriate attire. I’ve had a lot of luck with the affordable options on Asos.com and Boohoo.com. Over the knee boots are also great for dressing up an otherwise casual pair of skinny jeans.

Anyone else prefer dresses over pants? Where do you like to shop for going out clothes?

18 Comments | in Dressy

18 Responses to Red Off Shoulder Top & Over The Knee Boots

1. Dana says:

Loving this look on you Katie!I agree it’s hard to find “going out” clothes – so I’m right there with ya!

Pink Champagne Problems

2. Lauren says:

Yeah I like dresses more than pants too because they feel more feminine. I live on the west coast and I thought it would be warmer here but it’s already 50s-60s. Sometimes can find cute shirts at Topshop in Nordstrom. I celebrated my 24th birthday in NYC last year and still wore a dress with no tights in 37 degrees lol. It’s not horrible if you don’t have to walk far lol. My birthday is in January so it’s always frigid no matter where I am. Nowhere is really warm enough for me. Half the time I think I should really move back to Miami.

3. Natali says:

Always looking pretty! I was never a big fan of open shoulder tops like this one, but your boots and mini bag are totally my style!

4. Kathleen says:

Cute top!
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

5. Kendal says:

I am in LOVE with this outfit! Red is turning into my new favorite color to wear, I need that top!

Kendal // Life With Kendal

6. Emily says:

I too have trouble finding going out clothes that aren’t dresses. Right now I am loving skirts, but they’re hard to wear in the winter without completely freezing. The red top you’re wearing is perfect! It looks comfortable, but is still striking and like it would be perfect to wear to a holiday get-together.

Emily

7. Arianne says:

love those boots! Hoping I can own a pair one day

8. Rae says:

This is such a cute date night outfit! Love the boots 🙂

-Rae
    studentsandstyle.wordpress.com

9. Tracey says:

You read my mind with this post! I recently turned 21 and have been going out more and that portion of my wardrobe is slacking! I love the cutouts on this shirt, it’s not the typical cold shoulder style.