Affordable Shearling Vest in Connecticut

Affordable Shearling Vest

Nick and I just had the BEST three day weekend in Connecticut visiting my aunt and uncle. Last week they asked me what I wanted to do and I had said “spend as much time outdoors as possible!” If you follow me on Snapchat you’re already aware we basically packed a month’s worth of fall fun into two days (that’s how my fam rolls.)

We did a number of obligatory New England seasonal activities including apple picking, hiking, pumpkin carving, antiquing and of course ate a LOT of cider donuts and pie. The weather was chilly, but mild enough that I could get away with wearing just a sweater and this affordable shearling vest I recently added to my closet.

Barkhamsted Reservoir Connecticut

Affordable Shearling Vest

Barkhamsted Reservoir Connecticut

Affordable Shearling Vest

Affordable Shearling Vest

Affordable shearling vest (under $100) | Tory Burch riding boots | Skinny jeans | Plaid scarf | Sweater | Aviators | Daniel Wellington watch c/o

On our way to the apple orchard we couldn’t resist a photo opp at the beautiful Barkhamsted Reservoir. We were lucky enough to catch the trees while still covered in colorful leaves – I bet in a week or so the hills behind me will be completely bare! New England in the fall is something else and I’m grateful I was able to visit before winter hits. More photos to come from our weekend away!

Shop my look + more shearling vests here…

15 Comments | in Casual, Outfits, Travel

15 Responses to Affordable Shearling Vest in Connecticut

1. Natali says:

Looking so cute in this outfit! Love your boots and vest!
    Beautiful photos.

2. Kendal says:

That scenery is beautiful!! I never felt like I could pull off a shearling vest, but you may have given me the inspiration to at least try, it looks so cute!

Kendal // Life With Kendal

3. Lauren says:

I knew this was Barkhamsted from the first picture! I love it there! That’s such a great drive.

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

4. Kathryn says:

That background could not be more beautiful. I’m loving your shearling vest as well!! All things fall in this post and I’m obsessed 🙂

xx Kathryn

5. Dana says:

These photos are beautiful and from your Snapchat it looked like so much fun! Love the vest, I’ve been looking for an affordable option and I love this one!

Pink Champagne Problems

6. Ann-Louise says:

It looks very comfy and cozy! Perfect for fall! 😀

7. Gloria says:

Katie, you look great in that great shearling vest. Connecticut is a fantastic place to be at this time
    of the year. The mountains are full of color and it sounds like you two packed a lot of activities in
    three short days.

8. Emily says:

I loved seeing your snapchat of all the cute fall activities you did! So fun. This vest is amazing. Looks like it would be a versatile piece you could style in a lot of different ways!

Emily