Shifting a Shade with Clairol nice’n easy

Clairol Nice N Easy Katies BlissI was recently given the amazing opportunity of having my hair colored by Clairol Color Director James Corbett. The last time I had my roots and highlights done was in August (I know, I know) so the timing could not have been more perfect – I needed the help badly. Normally when getting my hair colored I stick to the same shade of cool-toned blonde highlights. While I don’t think I’ll ever stray too far from a light blonde, I figured as we just started a new year I could try out (or shift) to a new shade of my typical color.

James applied Clairol nice’n n easy to my roots to achieve a warm golden blonde. He even let me have a go at applying the color myself, as Clairol nice’n easy color can be bought at any drugstore and used on yourself at home. Surprisingly it was pretty simple! All you have to do is hold the bottle upright starting at the front base of your hair. Slowly drag the nozzle back through your roots to deposit color. Then using your hands (wear gloves of course) massage the color in.

Can’t even tell you how many compliments I’ve received since getting my new color – maybe this is a look I’ll have to “shift” to permanently? Big thank you to Clairol for the opportunity and James for his incredible work! You can get more info on nice’n easy products at Clairol.com.

10 Comments | in Beauty, Product Reviews

10 Responses to Shifting a Shade with Clairol nice’n easy

1. Kallie says:

came our so well! Sounds like a great at home coloring system! I always do my hair at home and am due so thanks for sharing !!

2. Jeanne says:

I love your gingham blouse!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne

3. Erica says:

LOVE your new color!! It’s so warm and your skin looks glowing. Hope you are doing well in NY with your man. It’s been great following you on Instagram. You are one of my favorites!!

4. Lindsay Ava says:

Your new hair colour looks amazing! I love it this shade, you can 100% pull it off :). I hope your move is going smoothly 🙂

5. Katy says:

Love!! Your hair looks gorgeous! 🙂

xo, Katy

6. edeegourmet says:

LOVE the color, what is the shade?

7. Liv says:

Love the new hair color. You pull it off so well. It’s a new year and a new Katie 🙂

xo
    Liv

8. Michelle Oates says:

Your hair looks so warm and pretty!

All through school I colored my hair with Nice n’ Easy. I loved it and my hair looked great! I have ashy blonde naturally and I used Natural Medium Neutral Blonde. I loved being able to touch up my roots whenever I wished. It is a great product, I agree. I never took the tough up all the way down the lengths of my hair each time though. A colorist told me it was unnecessary. She also said to add water to the remaining color when I DID do it (for those last 5 minutes) so it wasn’t as harsh. Not sure what your Clairol guy would say but my hair was healthy and always shiny using this method.