Historic Charleston Photo Diary

J Crew Embroidered Skirt Historic Downtown Charleston

One of my favorite days from my time in North Carolina was the afternoon my mom, sister and I spent in Charleston! I’d never been before but it’s been on my travel to-do list for a while now. Charleston reminds me of a larger, cleaner, Southern version of Georgetown or the West Village. The homes are GORGEOUS and there’s so much history behind the architecture. We started our afternoon with lunch at Blossom and then we explored the outdoor city market. It was blazing hot so instead of walking around on our own we took a horse-drawn carriage tour. I highly recommend it – the guides are knowledgeable and it’s a lot more enjoyable then walking around on foot in the heat. I definitely want to go back for more than a day next time – so much to see and do!

J Crew Embroidered Skirt Historic Charleston Carriage Ride

Historic Charleston Front Entrance J Crew Embroidered Skirt Charleston Library Society

Historic Charleston Carriage Ride 2 J Crew Embroidered SkirtDowntown Historic Charleston CemeteryDowntown Historic Charleston Church

J Crew Embroidered SkirtDowntown Historic Charleston King StreetJ Crew Embroidered SkirtDowntown Historic Charleston King Street

J. Crew embroidered skirt (now on sale!) | J. Crew tank | Capwell & Co. necklace c/o | Barrington Gifts tote c/o | J. Crew hat | Jack Rogers sandals c/o | Kate Spade watch | David Yurman bracelets

21 Comments | in Outfits, Travel

21 Responses to Historic Charleston Photo Diary

1. Charleston is probably my favorite city next to New York! Great photos! I love your look here too! Perfect for a hot August day but still so chic!

The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

2. Jess Zimlich says:

Your photos are always so stunning! Charleston has been on my list of places to see for way too long now, I just need to plan a trip!

3. Joanie says:

I went to Charleston this summer, too! I love it. I hope you had a great time.

4. Jaime says:

Your photos are always so beautiful! For some time, Charleston has been on my must-visit cities. Glad you were able to have a great time!

XO, Jaime
    RegallySoled.com

5. Nathy says:

So excited to visit! Loving this outfit inspiration. 🙂

6. Jenna says:

I was in Charleston this weekend as well! It’s my absolute favorite city in the world and I hope to move there after grad school 🙂 I hope you loved it!

7. Debbi says:

howdy Katie you did a great job capturing the feel of our beloved city in your photos! If I’d known y’all were here, I would loved to have shown you around!

8. Kelly Larkin says:

Every time you do a travel post, I fall completely in love with the location! Mitch and I meant to stop in Charleston last year during our road trip to FL, but we ran out of energy, haha. It’s on our list, though… I can’t get over these photos! You’re so talented!! Also, bag twins on our blogs today, hehe. 🙂

xx
    Kelly
    kellyinthecity.com

9. Lindsay says:

This is sooooo gorgeous! Love the southern style 🙂 I hope the horses were ok though in the heat.

10. Ashley says:

Hi! I’m from charleston and went to college of charleston! It is one of my most favorite places in the world. Your outfit is perfect for a day walking around charleston and especially the market. As a native, I don’t visit the market as much as I used to, but the whole city is gorgeous! Oh and I noticed you said North Carolina. I just wanted to point that out to you so you don’t miss it.

PS charleston is unbelievably hot year round as is the rest of the state. I do remember a lot of walks to class in the rain though too lol. Hunter boots were essential.