J. Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress

J Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress

So 3 things to discuss today – the glorious weekend we just had, my awesome mason jar tumbler and unfortunately my eczema-covered skin. Let’s start with the good things shall we? New York was blessed with another beautiful weekend and Nick and I took advantage by dining out (my poor wallet). We tried Fish for the first time on Friday night and loved it. Saturday we wandered around the West Village and stopped into Taim (I recommend the quinoa/kale salad) and then later on for dinner we had chicken sandwiches from The Commons Chelsea (SO good).

I’ve been wanting a mason jar tumbler for a while now and I partially have Instagram to blame… I’ve seen so many pictures of cute ones! I actually bought mine on a whim yesterday after seeing them on display at David’s Tea. I can’t want to start making iced coffees at home in the mornings to take to work. Time to kick the Dunkin Donuts habit…

Now on to my not so good topic for the day… my skin. It’s not super noticeable in these photos (thankful for big hats and big sunglasses) but for the past week my eczema has been the worst it’s ever been in my life. Literally my face and neck are covered in bright red, itchy blotches – I look like an extra fresh off set of the Walking Dead. I’ve been trying my best to heal it – prescription creams, hydrocortisone, drinking tons of water and green juice, avoiding sun and extreme heat. Not much has been working. I’m seeing a dermatologist this week but any advice you have for me in the meantime would be much appreciated…

J Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress J Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress Mason Jar Tumbler J Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress

J Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress J Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress

J. Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress (on sale) | Stuart Weitzman ‘Expo’ sandals | Burberry ‘Haymarket’ Tote | Club Monaco belt | J. Crew Panama hat | Prada cat eye sunglasses | Swarovski & Ily Couture bracelets c/o | Topshop ring | Dolce & Gabbana ‘Tropial’ Passion Duo lipstick

17 Responses to J. Crew Factory Chambray Shirtdress

1. Courtney says:

I love your dress!

2. Amber S says:

My son suffers from eczema. I bath him in a bath with oatmeal and it seems to really help with the inflammation. He gets it on his legs and arms really bad. I would try an oatmeal mask on your face maybe to see if it helps sooth it. I would make a home-remedy vs. store bought just because they sometimes add acidic ingredients and that will just make it worse.

3. Jenna says:

Have you tried any of the Eucerin eczema products? The Relief Body Creme is by far the best thing I have ever used, even better than Aquaphor, which I’ve used for years. It’s a pretty thick lotion, so maybe not the best for your face, but they also have an eczema line specifically for babies that might be good for your face. I’d also keep in mind that prescription creams might actually be irritating your face in particular since the skin is more sensitive in general vs the rest of the body. Good luck!

4. Meagan says:

For what it’s worth, the outfit is super cute & you can’t notice the eczema at all!

5. Kayla says:

LOVE that chambray dress on you – fits perfectly! And the hat totally tops it off! Perfection!

Kayla

6. Katherine L says:

Love the dress, and your hair looks amazing! Hopefully your skin clears up soon; I have a lot of problems with my complexion as well, and feel like I’ve tried everything the drugstore/dermatologist can offer to no avail. Ugh, as much as I love living in the city, it’s horrible for my skin!

-Katherine

7. Ashley says:

Love the belted shirtdress, classic look all over xx

8. Colleen says:

My son has eczema and we use Kirk’s Castile soap to bathe him. I also put coconut oil on him as a moisturizer- sometimes CeraVe cream as well. He’s got some blotches right now too, though ! Must be the heat. Sunscreen can be irritating too- I think Badger brand works well with people with sensitive skin. Or neutrogena pure & free baby! Hope it clears up for you soon. Don’t stress about it!!

9. Kristina says:

Eee good luck. Hydrocortisone usually does the trick for me. Did you switch one of your skincare products? I had one period in my life when it got worse for me than it had ever been before, and I finally connected it to trying a new deodorant.

10. Katy says:

I am SO sorry to hear that!! I know it can’t be fun. I hope you get better! Wish I knew a home remedy. I love your outfit by the way! Loving your sandals. xo

11. Christina says:

I love your dress and sandals!! Hopefully your eczema gets better sooner rather than later. That sucks especially for summer 🙁

12. Michelle Oates says:

I love the dress! And you look beautiful! I suffer from various skin issues like cystic acne and excema as well. I found I was allergic to lanolin, the preservative methylisothiazolinone and chemical sunscreens. Once I cut them out of my life things improved dramatically. I use Zinco tintned and untinted sunscreen only now on my face and neck, chest and shoulders. I had to change up a lot of my products but I found a lot of relief. Good luck to you.

13. sunnie says:

HI! i just love your outfit!! btw, can I ask you what size chambray shirtdress you are wearing? is it xxs? or xs? I am trying to order it!