Office Attire! What I Really Wear to Work at a Fashion PR Agency

While I would love to snap outfit pictures of all my looks, let’s be real – ain’t nobody got time for that! So in place of daily outfit photos I’ve been taking a mirror selfie or having Nick snap a quick picture of me for Instagram before heading off to work in the mornings. I wish I could tell you guys that I look as nice for work everyday as I do in my blog photos. I just always feel like I’m rushing and no matter how much time I give myself I always have to leave something out – styling my hair, putting on makeup, or taking the time put on a well thought out outfit. As you can see – when it comes to work attire I really go for comfort and convenience. My office is super casual so I really don’t feel the need to wear heels or a full face of makeup.
Line & Dot blouse c/o | J. Crew Factory pants | KORS Michael Kors heels | Tory Burch bag
Burberry jacket | Vince t-shirt | Banana Republic skirt | Joan & David booties | Tory Burch bag
It’s really funny. One of the most common questions I get asked is, ‘Do you feel pressure to wear all designer clothing to work since you work at a fashion PR agency?’ The answer to that is HELL NO. I think the media and stupid reality shows like The Hills and Kell on Earth have given people this view that the PR industry is so glam and everyone walks around in Louboutins and Chanel. Completely not true. Everyone I’ve ever worked with has always worn a mix of highs and lows. Most PR jobs starting out aren’t very high paying so it’s really rare to see someone my age wearing designer clothing. The most common brands I see around my office are Zara, Forever21, Club Monaco, Topshop and J. Crew and Coach. There is the occasional AH-mazing Celine bag or red-bottomed heel but for the most part I’d say we all dress, well, pretty normal.

What do you wear to work? Do you feel pressure to dress a certain way or wear certain brands? Would love to hear your experiences!

17 Responses to Office Attire! What I Really Wear to Work at a Fashion PR Agency

1. New to your blog! I can’t wait to read more! I’m glad you did a post on this. I work as an admin assistant and end up wearing boring neutral colored clothes. Seeing your pics made me want to mess around with color more and hopefully incorporate my own style into my office attire. So thank you for that.

Check me out at >> http://asalwaysnicole.blogspot.com/

2. I wear scrubs to work! So boring, but at least they’re comfy. I’d love to have a job like yours where I could dress up at least some of the time. I love Club Monaco and J. Crew and the other brands you mentioned…if only I needed work clothes, that would justify some of my shopping!

3. Christiarne Carroll-Cross says:

I love this post! You should definitely keep sharing these, I love these looks!
    Can’t wait for your apartment tour as well 😀

4. love love love this post!!! It is so true that mixing and matching all ends of clothing always turns out for the best 🙂 I have been wanting that H&M skirt forever, had it in my hands and didn’t get it and now it is sold out everywhere (tear tear)…such a great read to start my Friday!!

xo Kendall

styledsnapshots.blogspot.com

5. Kristina says:

I love the last outfit, that skirt is so cute! Glad to hear life isn’t really like The Hills 😉

Kristina does the Internets

6. But you do look just as amazing in your blog outfits! I like that you keep it casual everyday, though, which is what I am for especially for just going to school. No need to feel like “stepping it up” though.
    Your Friend, Jess

7. I really love the fourth outfit. And the color of that Tory burch purse is so beautiful!

Luckyinlavender.blogspot.com

8. tbissett says:

I really love the 2nd outfit! I never would have thought to match with an organge bag!!

xXtaylor
    tbissett.blogspot.com

9. Dana says:

Loved this post! I interned at a dress company in Midtown where the office was super casual. Not all fashion companies require business attire. I think that’s what’s so great about the fashion industry, you can express yourself whether that’s casually or business dress.

xx Dana
    Pink Champagne Problems
    mudana1.wordpress.com

10. Katies Bliss says:

@Dana You’re right that’s absolutely true. It’s great working in an industry where you’re allowed to have your own personal style!

11. Diva In Me says:

I run my own boutique so I do need to dress appropriately but yea like you said, one don’t have to splurge all the time. I just need to appropriately and comfortably. Just do great styling like you. All will be good. If 1 is uncomfortable in what they wear, it’ll show.

12. I was a lawyer before I was a Mom. I had to look professional. BORING! A lot of Theory and J. Crew office stuff. I love that I can wear what I want now. You look great!

13. Joe says:

Love to see your daily outfits and office attire!

14. sonnjita says:

Teddy Lingerie is an absolute must for your wardrobe. Show yourself with this stylish and Sexy Teddy Lingerie.he Women’s Sexy Lingerie is great fitting for many body types!
    *The sexy Strapless design of this Sexy Teddy Lingerie is just right to cradle your bust with a full round shape
    *Perfect for your special moment with you love with this Sexy Teddy Lingerie
    *The women’s Sexy Lingerie is great fitting for many body types
    *Free size fits for most people

15. Jen says:

I love how you mix and match high and low priced items! Every outfit looks amazing and so much more realistic than how the media portrays agencies.

I work for a creative agency and my office is super casual too. Although, an amazing beauty brand project came that I wasn’t put on originally and was super bummed about it. I started upping my game and looking more trendy in the office and it actually paid off. The client asked about me when she was at the office and I was put on the project! 🙂

xoxo, jen