Black & Blue Night Look

Since posting this outfit last week, I’ve been getting requests to post more night out looks. My college friends were in town over the weekend and I wore this Saturday night for dinner at BB Bar in Nolita and then a little bar hopping on Lower East Side. I’m not a fan of tight, bandage style skirts, so I always go for ones with a little flair like this one from Topshop. Since my skirt is shorter side I made to cover up top with this neck-high sleeveless top from H&M.
I think when it comes to putting together a night look there’s a fine line between outfits that are sexy and fun and outfits that are just slutty and obvious you’re trying too hard. In college (I’m definitely guilty of it) and here in the city I see so many girls wearing way too short skirts paired with the most revealing of tops. When it comes to night looks I think you got to pick one or the other (boobs or legs -haha!) and also play up your strengths! If you’re thin – wear a skirt that cinches at the waist. If you’ve got curves – wear items that show them off. 🙂
What’s your philosophy when it comes to night looks? I want to hear your thoughts!

17 Responses to Black & Blue Night Look

1. Alissa says:

I love black and blue together!

2. Niki Caron says:

That dress is beautiful! And I totally agree with showing one “part” rather than wearing a low cut top and short skirt or something similar!

3. Carla Cee says:

you’re so model-esque <3

Carla Cee

4. Love black & blue together, great skirt

xx
    Staci

5. Love this look!! That top and skirt look gorgeous on you!

The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

6. Love the neutral mix!!

7. I’m definitely not afraid to go with pants at night, but this skirt is SO cute. I have to have it!
    Your Friend, Jess

8. I love your night out look! I agree with you, on only showing one part.

XO
    Sloane

9. Really cute outfit! I especially love that skirt!

10. Great skirt!! I love a full silhouette 🙂

Veloria in Velvet

11. Hanna Lee says:

CHIC! Esp lovin’ the skirt and those heels are killer 😉

12. Ella Ava says:

Its simple and unique dress, you look so gorgeous in this dress…

13. the black and blue combo is great and loving the leather accent on the skirt!

xo SideSmile,
    Ashley
    SideSmile Style

14. eogli.org says:

I truly appreciate this blog post. Really Great.

15. Bart Baggett says:

Really appreciate you sharing this blog.Really looking forward to read more. Really Cool.

16. The way awesome can be these types of??!! That i couldnt give the Jimmy Choo styles thus i was so prepared to view most of these.This really is which means my very own fashion!I got any black colored eventhough i want 448628.pink2.net all of the.They are amazing! i am fearful to have 448628.pink2.net,and even optimism any sequince will never disappear.I am not right into The oprah show with the intention that didnt easily sell others, the perception of 448628.pink2.net had been more than enough.Decorations though others get home on hand planting season so this is somewhat associated with a bummer.