An Afternoon in Georgetown

On Saturday afternoon I spent the day in Georgetown with some of my best girlfriends. We started with brunch at the Peacock Cafe (thanks for the recommendation Carly) where I had the most delicious banana/espresso smoothie and omelette. Following brunch we walked down M Street which I believe is the main shopping street in Georgetown and then to the waterfront. I never realized how much great shopping there is in D.C. – seriously every store you could imagine were all located on M Street. I didn’t buy anything on this trip but I could totally see myself spending an entire day shopping in Georgetown. After saying goodbye to my friends, Nick and I took a driving tour of Georgetown University and the surrounding neighborhoods. It was an unbelievably hot weekend (90s and humidity) and we were exhausted from touring all the monuments in downtown D.C. the day prior (photos from that coming later this week). Georgetown definitely gives the West Village a run for its money in the cuteness department. There were so many adorable townhouses, doorsteps and red brick homes – totally my scene. This was my first time really visiting D.C. but I know it won’t be my last. I really fell in love with city and I can’t wait for my next trip back to my visit my friends.

17 Comments | in Outfits, Travel

17 Responses to An Afternoon in Georgetown

1. Petra says:

Pretty outfit and amazing photo’s. Looks like you had an amazing time.
    happy monday.
    xo, Petra

2. Just a couple weeks ago I was standing on the dock where you are taking outfit pics in my gold sequin dress! Can’t believe you were here and we didn’t get to hang out :o( Next time!

xo
    Cathy, your Poor Little It Girl

3. pretty photos and adore your shorts
    kw Ladies in Navy

4. Alyssa says:

This combo is too adorable–and perfect for a day wandering around DC. Love it!

5. Alissa says:

What a cute outfit! I love the denim vest with the seersucker shorts!

6. Kristina says:

Beautiful photos, I love your pattern mixing. I loved Georgetown the last time I visited too, it’s so pretty!!

Kristina does the Internets

7. Julia Dzafic says:

Those shorts!!! Love the whole look, lady 🙂

xx,
    Julia
    Lemon Stripes

8. Lesley B. says:

I love that top!! Is it still available at Kohl’s?

9. Gorgeous photos…such vibrant colors! I love the mix of stripes and floral…and the denim vest matches perfectly! A fabulous summer out-and-about ensemble 🙂

Veloria in Velvet

10. This look is so pretty. I’m loving your denim vest and those shorts are adorable! Lovely look 🙂 Have a fab Monday!
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

11. Lindsey says:

I love DC, and Georgetown is especially my favorite. The pictures of the homes are so adorable!

-Lindsey | Zip & Zeal

12. I love this post! I love DC and georgetown! Tweet me @stripes_peonies if you ever need any recommendations for around there!

xo,
    Gracey
    {www.stripesandpeonies.blogspot.com}

13. Style Outlaw says:

Georgetown is gorgeous!! and I love your hat…

14. Georgetown is the absolute cutest (and super busy)! I love the shopping there too. I could totally see you living there 😉

15. I havent been to DC in forever but i remember thinking it was adorable. Im glad you enjoyed your visit. You look adorable!

16. Diva In Me says:

Me too! I love DC loads and I find Georgetown amusing. I was there a while ago and I really like this city loads. So much history to offer and I had fun learning so much from this city.
    You definitely looked like you’re ready for the summer and I like how you look so chic with this hat =)

17. Bart Baggett says:

Say, you got a nice post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.