1. I have this extreme addiction to watching trashy reality TV shows. Really nothing is off limits in regards to what I’ll watch. You name it, I probably watch it. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Love & Hip Hop (Atlanta and New York), The Real Housewives (every city), The Bad Girls Club, Teen Mom, Buckwild (so sad it’s cancelled) and the list goes on… I will literally watch re-runs on re-runs of all these shows (it drives Nick crazy). If I could I would have the TV turned on all day with just Bravo! playing over and over.
2. I’m still undecided on how I feel about NYC… I’m not going to lie and pretend like my life since moving here has been all “omg it’s like Sex and the City” because it hasn’t been, it’s been far from it. I try my best to keep it positive on Twitter (besides the occasional cockroach in the apartment freakout) and here on the blog because all in all I do have a good life and I’d hate to complain and seem like a sympathy-seeking brat. It’s been a hard adjustment having to live in such a small space, use public transportation, live on a very tight budget, establish a career and make basically all new friends over the past few months. Going through all these changes has been very tough on my anxiety and some days I think to myself maybe I would’ve been better off trying to plant my roots in a smaller, less expensive city or nearer my family. That being said though, I do have absolutely amazing days here (it helps when the weather is nice) where I can’t imagine being anywhere else in the world. I think I just need to give it time. I’m an impulsive person by nature so when I do start feeling negative I just need to stop myself from giving in to hasty thoughts and be more patient. Success, wealth and happiness isn’t always instant.
3. I’ve always wished I could dance and be able to do gymnastics flips. I honestly don’t even know what the proper terminology is for all the back-handspring, cartwheel-ish stuff people do in hip hop dance, cheerleading, gymnastics etc but I wish I could at least do something. I can’t even do a cartwheel and I have absolutely no rhythm. Me trying to dance or move my hips is beyond embarrassing. I’m the epitome of awkward white girl on the dance floor.
4. Not sure if many of you know this but my real name is Catherine, yes Catherine with a C – but I spell Katie with a K. People are always surprised when I tell them this and ask why I don’t spell Katie with C. I think my mom always knew she was going to call me Katie but just couldn’t bear to name me Katherine with a K (she HATES the spelling with a K). She was also obsessed with the television show Beauty and the Beast from the late 80’s and the female lead in the show was named Catherine.
5. Any time I go out with a group of people to a bar or other nighttime establishment I will be the ONLY person who gets my ID carded and scanned. Do I really look that young? I don’t think I do but apparently every bouncer in NYC thinks I’m an underage drinking 16-year-old. When I go out I will get GRILLED by the door guy on my address, birthday, zip code – you name it. I even got denied entry to a bar just last Friday when I went to grab a happy hour drink with my girlfriend because the doorman didn’t believe my ID was real…