Welcome to the City

H&M jean jacket
Well here it is, my first outfit post as a resident of New York City! On Saturday Nick and I took the subway downtown to look at a few neighborhoods where we think we might want to get an apartment – the search officially starts as soon as I’m done working at fashion week. Now that I call NYC home I’m starting to realize how much I dislike pants. I wore this Juicy Couture cotton shift dress because I just can’t bring myself to put on pants when it’s hot and I have to use public transportation. Dresses are just so much more hassle-free and breathable. Anyone else feel the same?

24 Comments | in Around the City, Casual, Outfits

24 Responses to Welcome to the City

1. Elsha Bodily says:

So so so cute! Why are you working at fashion week? I guess the real question is why are you do fabulous?!

2. Rachel says:

That dress is so cute- and it’s in my favorite color!

Life Unsweetened

3. This dress is so adorable! I love the color!

4. Amy says:

totally agree, i loved dresses during the summer! you look fabulous!

amy
    Leopard and Lillies

5. I love this dress on you! Have fun at fashion week!

xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

6. cute outfit! how exciting to be moving to new york, i’m jealous!

7. alongobucco says:

Dresses are so much more practical in NYC–they’ve been my go-to all spring and summer! This yellow looks so pretty on you! Good luck with the apartment search…can’t wait to hear where you end up choosing!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

8. Andrea says:

the dress is so pretty!

9. Emily says:

Love that gorgeous dress! good luck apartment hunting!

creamyclothes.blogspot.com

10. I am soo on the same page about hating pants. It’s way too hot where I’m from to be in anything but shorts and dresses!

11. Mauro E. says:

Love the dress. It’s cool, fresh, perfect for summer!
    You have such a remarkable blog! What do you think of following each other?

WhiteCloset Fashion Blog
    Twitter
    Facebook

12. I love my dresses – 1 piece and I am dressed, and cool! Eep – happy house hunting!
    xx
    Here&Now

13. Elly says:

Super cute dress! It’s so cheerful with the fun color and polka dots! 🙂

$30 Rire Gift Certificate Giveaway!

14. You look gorgeous! Yellow is a great color on you. 🙂

15. Ali Lindauer says:

ah i totally agree! i wear medical scrubs at work (completely un-fashionable, but COMFY!) and dresses on my days off. i cant even bring myself to wear jeans when i go out at night. something about pants is just so constricting in the summertime!

16. Congrats on your first NY outfit post! The polka dots are so fun and uplifting!

17. the yellow dress is so cute! I love the whole outfit and think its a great look for NYC!

18. Yulie Kendra says:

wow the dress is amazing!!!! i really like your blog! Maybe we follow each other!? Let me know :)) Greetings from germany http://www.yuliekendra.com

19. Michaela says:

This comment has been removed by the author.

20. congrats on the move to nyc!!! i can live through you, since i kick myself everyday for not moving there when i worked in fashion 🙁

a peek of chic

21. This reminds me of the rows of candy you’d eat as a kid and pull of the sugar dot from the strip of paper! So cute! – J
    2girlsin2cities.blogspot.com

22. Bart Baggett says:

I value the post.Really thank you! Will read on…