I'd been itching to create another DIY jewelry project for a few weeks now and after seeing this lace bib necklace tutorial I took the plunge and decided to recreate my own. I think that these necklaces are so fun and unique for summer, definitely different from your typical bib necklace! I can't wait to wear them as statement pieces with my summer maxi dresses and layer them with my delicate Tiffany necklaces. Check out my how-to video tutorial below and don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel.
What you'll need (for 1 lace bib necklace)
- lace applique (I purchased mine from this Etsy shop)
- spray paint color of your choosing
- silver chain length (make sure you get linked chain)
- 4 jumprings (2 large and 2 small)
- a lobster clasp
- a pair of heavy- duty scissors
- a pair of small or jewelry pliers
All of these supplies can be found in the jewelry/beading section of the craft store, minus the lace applique. Quick FYI: applique is pronounced "app-plee-kay". Wish I would've known that before recording all the voiceovers in my tutorial. You live and you learn!