Graduation Weekend

Me with my little sister Brooke and momma

I graduated from Elon University yesterday and tomorrow will mark my last time making the eight hour drive home to Pennsylvania. While I’m ready to make the transition from full-time student to full-time employee, I can’t help but get emotional about leaving my life here in North Carolina. While living far from home has forced me to take on basic adult survival skills (cooking, budgeting, time management, cleaning), my life during college really has been relatively carefree and simple. While I’m not sad about growing up, I am slightly scared about what life will be like without my friends. The handful of girls that I plan on continuing to have in my life after graduation (and who I know will one day be bridesmaids in my wedding) have given me so much and words can’t describe how thankful I am to have them in my life. We may not have spent every waking minute together throughout our past four years, but they have always been fiercely loyal and the girls I could turn to when times got tough. My college education has given me many things, but I find nothing more valuable then the relationships and life experiences I’ve obtained during my past four years. Thank you Elon for giving me best friends as well as a man who I love beyond words. Thank you for my prestigious education as well as a life-changing study abroad experience. I will always look back fondly on my college years and can’t wait to tell stories of Elon to the people I have yet to meet down my road. I feel so blessed and will always hold Elon in my heart. #tearfallsonkeyboard

Elizabeth & James dress + LC Lauren Conrad heels underneath my cap & gown
Me and my love. Doesn’t he look handsome?
Right arm: David Yurman amethyst bracelet + David Yurman heart lock bracelet + Kate Spade “Spade” bangles
Allie & Rachael. We lived on the same hall freshman year and have been best friends ever since.
My beautiful university. So blessed to have been able to attend such an amazing school. Long Live Elon.
The high low trend has been making a consistent appearance on my blog lately huh?

24 Responses to Graduation Weekend

1. you look gorg! congrats on graduating! what an accomplishment. i love that dress on you! so feminine and pretty.

xo

2. Julie says:

Congrats on your graduation!

3. awww congrats girly. You and your love look soooo adorable in your caps and gowns. congrats to you both

Check out http://www.sweetsurrenderart.com
    See ya there!

4. Congrats Katie! So proud of you, I know you are going to do great things!! The pictures look great, it won’t be too long until I’m in a cap and gown too! Also, beautiful dress :)

5. Eliza says:

congrats that dress looks great on you!

lovelyaddictions.blogspot.com

6. Deppa says:

Oh lots of congratulations! you were looking very cute and happy!
    Lots of smiles for you :)

See you cutie!

7. Juliette says:

I love your dress! Beautiful!x

8. Jen says:

Congrats – you looked lovely on your big day!

9. Congrats lady! As someone remembering my own graduation only 3 short years ago, I am smiling remembering having the exact same emotions! The next chapter will be so amazing, and you are truly blessed to have wonderful people in your life to share it with!
    Gorgeous dress you picked out for your big day!
    xx
    Here&Now

10. alongobucco says:

Congrats on your graduation! After going through my graduation and missing my best girlfriends last year, I can say with confidence that we’re even closer now than we were then–I didn’t think it was possible!

11. Diva In Me says:

First and foremost, I would like to Congratulate you on your graduation. I’m sure it is a bitter-sweet moment. Like you leave a huge piece of yourself behind and seeking for the unknown future. I’m sure it will be a challenging one but it will definitely be a satisfying journey =) You’ll pick up much happy memories along the way. All the best! Cheers!!

12. Giovanna says:

Great photos! Love your grad dress!! Congratulations doll!

xx
    Giovanna

13. Cassidy Lee says:

Congratulations on graduating! All the photos are great and I’ll have to look into Elon with my college search next year if the college is as nice as its beautiful appearance! I love your outfit here!

14. Arianne Cruz says:

u look so beautiful!!! and congrats for graduating!

15. Amanda says:

Congratulations!
    And the “real world”.. is so exciting! :)

16. pinkandplum says:

Congratulations! Such an amazing time in life. Also that dress is stunning on you!!

17. I looovoe your outfit! You look gorgeous in your cap and gown too, COngratulations! I’m actually in my 2nd year at college, hopefully going into my final year this coming September. I hope my graduation and the remainder of time at my university holds as many memories as yours does!

18. That is one jaw droppingly beautiful dress! Congratulations to you!

Melissa

19. Kierra says:

Congratulations to you! I am a junior at NC State so I can somewhat relate to what you were feeling. This time in college is really flying by!

p.s. I loved your graduation dress and those FAB LC shoes!

sophistikated1992.blogspot.com

20. That is so so cool you just graduated from Elon. I just graduated from Gardner-Webb University. There don’t seem to be many NC bloggers so it is awesome to find another:) Hope you are doing well! I would love to pick your brain sometime about your blog:)

Molly and MacKenzie

21. Anonymous says:

i am so happy you posted my suggestion for the graduation i wish you can reply back please and i love you very much you are like my sister because u taught me how to do makeup thanks !!!

22. sweet-dreams says:

Ohh, it’s like in the film !!
    In France, it’s not like that.

23. Bart Baggett says:

A round of applause for your blog post.Much thanks again. Cool.

24. I loved your post. Want more.