Bright Prep

On days when the weather is “blah” I can’t help but wear bright colors. It’s sort of my little way of kicking the clouds in butt and saying “just because you’re dreary doesn’t mean I have to be!” Maybe I’m weird…But anyways I unearthed this ghastly bright J. Crew sweater that I’ve been failing miserably at incorporating into my wardrobe. I’ve tried to wear it before but I just never felt like I could make it work…until now. The temperature was mild but still a little brisk so I added the sweater over top my Missoni for Target dress. There’s just something I love about blue and orange…

Missoni for Target dress (also seen on me here)
J. Crew sweater (old but they sell similar ones in store)
Brooks Brother’s loafers
Paul & Joe Sister purse via Gilt Groupe
Target bracelet
P.S. I made some changes to my blog design! I think it’s a lot more clean and professional looking. What do you think?

20 Responses to Bright Prep

1. UH-BSESSED with your outfit!!! So cuttee!!! Love the bright colors!!
    Please come visit my blog and follow me back!!

2. Ooh I agree, the colors of this outfit are so great! I love the Missoni for Target dress!
    I always try to dress happy when its gross out but sometimes the weather gets the best of me, ha ha

3. Alexandra says:

I am absolutely loving this outfit! I couldn’t agree more about turning to bright colours when you’re feeling down, who could be sad in such a happy (and amazingly styled) look such as this one?

Alexandra xo

4. I love that sweater layered over the Missoni dress – such a cute look!

Courtney ~

5. Bex says:

LOVE the bright sweater!!! :)

6. I adore blue and orange together, in fact I’m wearing it recently on my blog. I also think wearing bright colors on a dreary day are helpful for cheering me up. Color have such a strong impact on mood!

7. I love that Missoni dress!

8. ashleighjoan says:

I’m so into loafers. Cute!

9. Johanna says:

Wow, great colours! I love this look. xoxo ♥

10. leyla. says:

the sweater will definitely brighten up anybody’s day. i’m not brave enough to wear bold colors, but it works great on you.

thanks for the visit and the nice comment!

warm wishes!

11. I love all of these colors together! It looks amazing.

12. Aida says:

My dear,
    I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I am really delighted with yours. It’s beautiful, well structured, interesting, sweet amazing [probably your own qualities right?] and it has completely got me hooked. I think we’re going to get along just fine! 😉
    I’d like to invite you to follow each other. I’d be very pleased.
    I wish you lots of success and will surely come back often

13. You look great! Totally love your loafers and the tribal skirt!!:D

Stop by some time:D

Mia’s Little Corner

14. That color sweater is SO gorgeous, like curry powder:) I need one like it immediately!

The Blossom Shed -scent, style, skin.

15. i really like!. they may be as a result a good neccesity.