Follow On Instagram @KatiesBliss
- Katie's Bliss chronicles my personal style and life in New York City... (more)
Monthly Archives: June 2011
Lately I’ve been loving flats. Usually I’m all for heels but there is just something about flats that really appeals to me. They’re comfy (well most of them) and can be worn for any occasion depending on the style. The next pair of flats I buy are hopefully a pair of Marc Jacobs mouse flats. I’ve always thought they were cute but never thought of purchasing them. Maybe I will now…
From Top to Bottom:
2. Jil Sander
3. Kate Spade
6. Tory Burch
What’s your favorite pair?
Since I’ve entered the real world, aka working 9-5 as a full-time PR intern, I’ve discovered a new love for blouses. I own a few very nice ones from Theory and J. Crew but I’ve never worn them on a regular basis. Now that my everyday ensemble consists of pencil skirts and slacks I’ve been wearing my blouses like crazy — and I love it! One of my favorite color combinations so far has been pink and pewter. I love pairing a dark skirt with a feminine pink blouse or pairing a frilly pink eyelet skirt with a loose masculine-fitting grey blouse. Once classes start again maybe I’ll continue dressing like this?
1. J. Crew metallic-print linen top
2. Valentino ruffled silk-chiffon blouse
3. Topshop nude floaty cape blouse
4. J. Crew silk crepe de shin blouse
5. T By Alexander Wang striped jersey T-shirt
6. Theory Nalena ruffled silk-crepe blouse
What are some of your favorite color combinations? What’s your go-to work attire?